About Harris Web Works
Harris Web Works provides customized website development and strategic online marketing solutions for businesses.
The Harris Web Works Story
Based in the thriving business community of New Haven, CT since 2006, Harris Web Works specializes in website development and digital marketing for e-commerce, corporate and service businesses locally and throughout the U.S. We guide clients through the complex and ever-changing world of online technology to help businesses become more efficient and grow.
Matthew Harris founded our company as Medium Well in 2000 in New York City, then moved the company to Kansas City, KS before settling in New Haven in 2006. For 15 years, the team grew and built expertise in key digital media areas. In 2015, we became Harris Web Works to reflect our commitment and ability to provide a full range of web-based services, while building on the reputation and knowledge of Matt Harris.
The Medium Well lives on as a blog filled with tips and info about website development and online marketing trends.
Website Design & Maintenance | Programming & Integrations | Graphic Design | Writing & Content Creation | Advertising | Social Media | Email Marketing
Areas of Expertise
Businesses stake their claim to a piece of the internet by having their own website and using it as the center of their digital presence. We help them attract more viewers and maximize the potential of their websites by applying the right mix of technology, creativity, writing and strategic marketing.
Our mission: help companies generate more leads, increase sales, build brand awareness, create a great user experience, and share information. Our approach: partner with clients to understand their goals, budgets and challenges, then build, manage and market their website accordingly.
- E-commerce sites built in Magento by certified development team
- Corporate and service business websites built in WordPress, Drupal or Joomla
- Third-party integrations for investor relations, company and industry-specific news & media, careers & human resources (i.e., NASDAQ, Thompson-Reuters, Oracle, Taleo, CCH, IDX, etc.)
- Magento API integrations with ERP systems (i.e., NetSuite) for accounting, shipping and other back-office functions
- Align product feeds with Google, Bing and other online shopping channels
- Advanced, ongoing support for content and programming updates
- All handled by our Magento-certified team
- Enterprise-level hosting for corporate sites and e-commerce sites
- Best-in-class hosting through Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Global deployment – load-balanced, multi-location, multi-server
- Development, staging and production (live site) servers using Harris Sync, our proprietary website publishing tool
- HIPAA-compliant data collection, storage & retrieval, and firewalls
- Strategic planning
- Copy writing and editing
- SEO – research and apply keywords and meta-descriptions
- Design graphics including logos and images, assist with photography needs
- Manage Google display and search ad campaigns (Adwords) and Bing search ads
- Manage campaigns on multiple ad exchanges and social media channels
- Implement best practices for organic search and social media engagement
- Design, populate and manage e-blasts and e-newsletter campaigns
In summary, Harris Web Works has over a decade of experience building and supporting complex e-commerce systems and highly-regulated corporate websites. We can take full responsibility for the upkeep of the website (including server, application, templates and content functionality), manage all back-end and front-end technologies to keep the site running smoothly, and respond promptly to any issues that may arise. In addition, our B2B and B2C targeted marketing expertise can drive more traffic to your site – people who are interested in your products and services.