Social Media Marketing
The power of social media is immense and can be a great tool to grow your business. However, there is not a “one size fits all” strategy. Each business will have a slightly different strategy with varying content, followings and “listening” techniques.
Harris Web Works can first help determine which social media channels are best for your business, based on your type of business, the target audiences, your content, and other factors. From that point, we’ll develop a strategy for the types and frequency of posts, as well as engage with the audiences. We can provide consultation or full-fledged implementation, depending on your needs and resources.
Social media marketing involves leveraging various channels to achieve your marketing communications and branding goals. This could include any combination of using Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Youtube, and LinkedIn. It involves growing a social media following, listening to conversations, sharing knowledge and getting involved in discussions.
The key to success is tapping into existing groups of users—listening and responding to those groups. Creativity, humor, helpfulness, and valuable insights can all be essential ingredients for an effective social media campaign.
Benefits of a Good Strategic Plan
- Build links and inbound traffic to improve search results
- Grow a following of potential customers
- Drive traffic to new content
- Establish your business as a thought leader and expert in your industry
- Build trust and loyalty
- Validate your services and products through social media “likes”
The Bigger Picture
Social media works hand in glove with search marketing. SEM (search engine marketing) focuses primarily on building awareness of your business via search strategies like SEO (search engine optimization) and PPC (pay per click advertising) — driving traffic to targeted landing pages on your site. An ongoing social media strategy will reinforce those efforts by adding traffic and triggers that match the topics, products and service offerings that are being targeted.
Online marketing is a comprehensive marketing approach that includes social media, search (SEO and SEM), paid advertising, email, content strategy and analytics. Social media is one of the core components of online marketing and is increasing in importance each year. It cannot be overlooked by any business trying to market their products or services online.
Facebook’s popularity as a communications channel used by people worldwide has led to it becoming a powerful tool for businesses. It offers marketing and advertising functions to reach potential customers, while engaging with existing clientele and industry influencers. Businesses can reach large, neatly-targeted audiences based on detailed user data that’s unmatched by any other website.
Advertising on Facebook encompasses creating an ad that elicits viewers to take action simply by clicking. Facebook mainly lets businesses choose between a text or display ad, the former letting you include an image. Ads can be set for clicks to go to the company website or to “like” the company’s Facebook page. Other, more nuanced options are available, and it’s important to choose the best path based on business goals. The business is charged by Facebook only for each click.
If you have little experience using Facebook to promote your business, but you want to play in the arena where your audience hangs out, Harris Web Works (formerly Medium Well) can implement a strategic campaign. We’ll find the best ways to showcase your business’s unique strengths on Facebook, sharing your message with users who are or may be interested in the products or services you offer. This may include advertising plus hosting a business page. Our services include creating Facebook pages, content and ads, defining target audiences, monitoring the budget, adjusting ad parameters as needed, and providing data on actions taken by the audience.
Benefits and Relevance of Facebook Ads
One key benefit is the ability to target who will see the ad(s) by gender, age, location, interests, job, and other demographics. Once ads begin running, modifications can be made to audiences and amount spending as needed, in real-time. This requires monitoring and understanding of what constitutes a successful Facebook advertising campaign. Other important considerations to leverage Facebook as a powerful investment:
- It’s one of the most used websites and apps in the world, along with Google, showing how far its ads can reach.
- Businesses that have engaging images do especially well on Facebook, as it’s becoming more focused on showing off beautiful images.
- Facebook’s user data is indeed the greatest in the world, letting you target an audience more precisely than any other online ad system.
- Ads increase overall awareness, as even if viewers don’t click on it, just seeing an ad increases awareness. Typically, many thousands of people see a Facebook ad.
- Facebook users are inclined to engage in and create content, which makes them more likely click, like or share ad content.
- It’s pricing systems gives a wide range of budget options and flexibility.
- A remarketing campaign on Facebook can be highly effective.
- An investment of commitment and diligence are key for a Facebook ad campaign to succeed.