New Website and Expanded Online Presence
As Bailey Murphy + Scarano (BMS) anticipated their 100th anniversary in the Certified Public Accountant business, they wanted an fresh new website to showcase their expertise as well as their commitment to the community (Branford, CT and surrounding areas). While their previous website met needs for a while, as technology and user needs evolved, it was time for a redo. This included integrating a continuous feed of tax information that comes from an external feed, and adding a blog of their own.
Strategy and Integration
Harris Web Works worked closely with the BMS team to understand the needs, challenges, and wishes for the new website. Key issues identified included:
- Create a content strategy that included building new pages for each service BMS offers
- Integrate third-party tax, accounting and audit information
- Create blog for BMS to frequently share company updates, tips and more
- Writing and editing assistance
- Easily accessible tools and resources for their clients to use
The new site features a bold yet “clean” look and feel in accordance with the nature of the services BMS provides. The site is responsive and has information from external feeds seamlessly flowing in throughout the site. It’s built with custom templates in a WordPress content management system, which provides numerous benefits including allowing BMS staff members to easily update content. Harris Web Works works ongoing with BMS to provide training and best practices on using the system efficiently.