Web Design & Development
It’s time to build or update your website and you want it to stand apart from the pack. As your hub for online marketing and a sales tool, the website should have a look and feel that’s representative of your brand along with the functionality you need. At Harris Web Works, we specialize in building Magento for e-commerce websites, Drupal for large corporate and healthcare websites, and WordPress for business websites. We can design, code and build your custom website and populate it with content provided by you or created with our copy-writing help. We also work with Drupal, Joomla, and Shopify if requested.
Our experienced team can provide as much support as needed to help your website reach its full potential. Whether it’s building a new site or updating an existing one, we’ll be your partner for technical, creative, content development, search engine optimization needs, and marketing. The result will be a fluid website that’s user-friendly for the visitor and those managing content updates and other functionality. We can either manage the updates for you on an ongoing basis, or hand over the reigns to you and train you on best practices for implementing updates.
Following is an overview of considerations for all websites.
Create a Strong Online Presence and User Experience
These factors can make the difference between someone leaving your site or staying to become an advocate or loyal customer:
- The look and feel > Your website must provide information visitors seek, in a clear and easy-to-navigate format. The design should represent your brand, vision and goals, with related search terms built in so search engines can recognize (index) the site and lead people to it.
- Custom Coding and Design > While free website design templates may work fine for a basic website, they won’t facilitate projecting the distinctive, professional image you want to convey. Custom-coding provides several benefits, and does not have to be cost prohibitive.
- Content Strategy and Management > A user-friendly content management system such as WordPress makes it easy for administrators to add new pages, photos, text, etc. at any time, with no IT expertise needed. Continually adding content helps engage new and repeat visitors.
Combine Technical Features, Creativity and Common Sense
In addition to being useful for visitors/customers, your website can be a tool for various business functions. Whether you’re using the website to sell merchandise, offer services, gather leads, or share information, consider the following:
- Network security
- Client-side and server-side scripting
- Database management
- Using the website to build a database of customers
- Sales funnels with distinct leads triggers
- Product customization
- Website portal for B2B or B2C presentations of data
- Customer forms, surveys and questionnaires
Custom Websites Built by Harris Web Works
Web Font Revolution
Responsive Web Design
Setting up a PSD file for Web Design
More on WordPress Website Development
More on Magento Website Development
Glossary of online marketing and website development terms