The Business Analyst / Project Manager will work on client projects that involve primarily B2B ecommerce websites and the integration of their dependent systems, including but not limited to, ERP systems integration, PIM system, Shipping, and Accounting.
The position will be responsible for managing workflow and project goals. Setting and reinforcing project roadmap, priorities and project sprints. Must act as a project advocate for all stakeholders.
Candidate must be able to make recommendations regarding data integration, data quality, website enhancements and workflow improvements. Must be able to speak about and advocate for Scrum workflow best practices such as continuous integration, stories, use cases, backlog and sprints.
The Ecommerce Business Analyst will interact with stakeholders, software engineers, and 3rd party vendors.
This is a freelance / consulting position but candidate must be able to make bi-monthly meetings in the Connecticut area.
- Team, task and project management.
- Plan out complex business systems upgrades.
- Ability to break large complex goals into component parts or steps.
- Understand the concept of large goals and small steps.
- Work productively with programming team, stakeholders and 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure goals, scope, and project requirements are understood by the team.
- Work with the client to understand the business priorities and items to be groomed in upcoming sprints.
- Fosters an environment of successful delivery and continuous improvement.
- Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Identifies, escalates, and removes team impediments that jeopardize sprint goals.
- Develop a good understanding of the client’s business and teams.
- Effectively communicate technical issues in non-technical terms to team members and stakeholders.
- Candidate should be able to apply specific knowledge of the business’s particular technologies to help solve business problems.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems
- Knowledge of b2b business practices
- Knowledge and experience with eCommerce systems (particularly Magento)
- Knowledge and experience of integration between eCommerce, ERP, PIM Order Management, Warehouse, Financial and POS systems.
- Experience in launching and / or supporting an ecommerce platform.
- Excellent communication skills
- Business and/or technical degree
- Similar work experience
- Must be willing to travel
- Work hard and be nice to people 🙂