Location: Within 3 hour drive of Woodbridge, CT
The eCommerce Business Analyst will work on client projects that involve primarily B2B ecommerce websites and systems integrations. This includes planning, scoping and creating user stories for the integration of their dependent systems, including but not limited to ERP systems, PIM system, shipping, and accounting integrations.
The eCommerce Business Analyst will be responsible for managing workflow and project goals, setting and reinforcing each project roadmap, handling priorities and project sprints. He/she must act as a project advocate for all stakeholders. In addition, the position will require some Project Management. The scope of the Project Management will be dependent on the specific project and the candidate’s background and work experience. Individuals with the desire and experience to handle both BA and PM will be encouraged to stay with the projects for the duration. Typical projects can last 1 year or more.
Candidate must be able to make recommendations regarding data integration, data quality, website enhancements, and workflow improvements. Must be able to speak about and advocate for Scrum workflow best practices such as continuous integration, stories, use cases, backlog, and sprints.
The Business Analyst will interact with stakeholders, software engineers, and 3rd party vendors.
This is a freelance consulting position. Candidate must be able to attend twice-monthly meetings in Connecticut area.
- Plan out complex business systems upgrades.
- Ability to break large complex goals into component parts or steps.
- Understand the concept of large goals and small steps.
- Oversee team, tasks, and project management.
- Work productively with programming team, stakeholders and 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure goals, scope, and project requirements are understood by the team.
- Work with the client to understand the business priorities and items to be groomed in upcoming sprints.
- Foster an environment of successful delivery and continuous improvement.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Identify, escalate, and removes team impediments that jeopardize sprint goals.
- Develop a good understanding of the client’s business and teams.
- Effectively communicate technical issues in non-technical terms to team members and stakeholders.
- Candidate should be able to apply specific knowledge of the business’s particular technologies to help solve business problems.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems
- Knowledge of B2B business practices
- Knowledge and experience with eCommerce systems (particularly Magento)
- Knowledge and experience of integration between eCommerce, ERP, PIM Order Management, Warehouse, Financial, and POS systems.
- Experience in launching and/or supporting an eCommerce platform.
- Excellent communication skills
- Business and/or technical degree
- Similar work experience
- Willing to travel
- Work hard and be nice to people 🙂
If you are interested in this position and qualify, please complete the following form:
NOTE: If your application does not go through, please send your name, phone number, cover letter (optional), and resume to email@example.com.
We will contact qualified candidates.
Harris Web Works is located at:
- 245 Amity Road, Woodbridge, CT, USA
- 5A, Doreen Building, House: 8A/10, Road: 13 (New), Dhanmondi, Dhaka