Part of creating a successful website is making it search-friendly, so it appears on the coveted first page or two in search results. A website must be designed and populated in ways that appeal to humans and search robots. Recognition by search engines such as Google grows over time as the website provides good content and gathers clicks.
At Harris Web Works, we incorporate search engine optimization (SEO) best practices to help your website appear when people search specific or related names, terms or topics. Ranking well in search results is an ongoing process that involves multiple factors, all of which Harris Web Works can implement:
- Design your website to be visually appealing and index well on search engines
- Conduct keyword research to find the best keywords and phrases for your pages
- Work keywords naturally into key areas of your site – including content, title tags, descriptions and URLs
- Cross-link throughout the site to make it intuitive for users and facilitate search engine indexing
- Content strategy – write and/or edit targeted and relevant content for each page based around keywords that interest visitors
Matthew Harris is an experienced search engine optimization (SEO) nerd and serves on the Board of Directors for Search Engine Marketing New England (SEMNE). He’s helped many businesses build their company’s online recognition. Contact us to find out how we can weave together various elements to help build your online presence and recognition.