Website Development Inclusions
Businesses are finding that having a strong – and unique – online presence is essential. When building a website for a business, we start with WordPress, Drupal or Joomla and customize it to create a well-functioning, easy-to-update system.
Our Process & Inclusions
Our website development services start at $5,000 for a custom-designed, custom-programmed WordPress, Drupal or Joomla website. This includes design, development of the content management system (CMS), programming, content review, launching the site, and post-launch tweaks.
We will work closely with you to understand your goals for the site and incorporate all of the visual and technical needs. The site will be responsive, built in the universally-accepted Bootstrap framework,to look good and function well when viewed on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone screen. We’ll provide 2 design options, revise per your feedback, plus provide guidance regarding content structure and wording. Once a design is settled upon, we will create a version for mobile viewing.
Websites are built using templates. We create custom templates in order to have control over visual and technical elements of the site. Once a template is built, multiple pages can be created using the same template. We will provide:
- One home page template, including image slider if desired
- Up to seven templates for second and third level pages, such as:
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Product/service categories page and individual item page
- Blog – all articles landing page and individual article page
- Other page types as per content needs
- Header, footer, sidebar, call-outs, and call-to-action layouts
Features will include:
- Full CMS functionality that you or we can manage once the site goes live
- Security plug-in to protect against hacking
- Website optimization/SEO plug-in, i.e., Yoast
- Google Analytics code embedded in the site, to track site usage
Once the site is programmed, we will populate the site with all of the content and images you provide*, coordinate with the hosting service of your choice (us or a third-party hosting provider), test and proof the site – then launch it. Once launched, we include a 2-week grace period for additional tweaks.
We can provide a full range of services to help complete your website:
- Copywriting and/or editing
- Stock photography search
- Image cropping, resizing or Photoshopping
- Advanced features and functionality
- eCommerce functionality (is possible with WordPress but typically Magento or Shopify are more appropriate)
The above add-on services are billed at $125/hour.
A website as described above can take as little as 6 weeks to complete. Many factors play a role, but in general on our end, we take 1-2 weeks for design, 2 weeks for programming, and 2 weeks to populate content, proof and test.
Harris Web Works can design, code, build, and populate your custom website in WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla. The result will be a fluid website that’s user-friendly for the visitor and those managing content updates and other functionality. We can also handle copywriting, art, ongoing site management and train you to handle updates. Contact us to find out what may work best for your business.
*At this starting price-point of $5,000, the client provides all final content, links to external resources, and images (cropped and sized as per template; we will provide specs)