Many websites rely on information from external systems for news feeds, careers information, investor relations, etc. The Harris Web Works team has built websites for global and local companies, incorporating and customizing functionality from human resources portals, MLS/IDX data, XML feeds, and more. Projects often include customizing third-party templates to match a company’s main site, i.e., a microsite that lives on a different domain such as NASDAQ or Oracle Taleo.
Our team has vast experience integrating websites with various data transfers systems, plus we’ve developed our own connector tool (SYNC Connection) based on experience with other systems. Contact us with any technical, logistic, design or security questions pertaining to feed integrations.
Data and Template Integrations
In general, integrations from ERP, CRM and third-party platforms fall into one of two major types:
- Data integrations – for product, customer and other large and ongoing batches of data, these are typically done via an application program interface (API), manual transport, FTP file exchange and/or other custom technique.
- Template integrations – custom built and integrated templates enable external content to display with the website’s design. This means the entire website appears to the user as one consistent entity, important for complying with branding and regulatory requirements.
Integrations Handled by Harris Web Works
Back-Office ERP Systems: NetSuite, FileMaker
- Integrations with NetSuite: Contractor Nation, RubiTrux
- Integration with FileMaker system: AccuStandard – product and customer data management
News, Investors, and Careers: NASDAQ, Thompson-Reuters, Oracle Taleo, Twitter
- Integrations with custom-designed templates: Jazz Pharmaceuticals – Investors and Careers; Acadia Pharmaceuticals – Media Center and Careers; Regeneron – News and Twitter
- Integrations with i-frame templates: Sarepta Therapeutics – Careers
Merging external data into a website involves making sure data flows quickly & accurately, functions perform as desired, and the user experience is seamless. Contact us with any questions about integrations for your website.