Websites and digital tools used in the healthcare industry require high doses of security, visual appeal, and content richness. At Harris Web Works, we understand what’s involved because we’ve been developing (bio)pharmaceutical and life sciences websites for over 15 years, adhering to HIPAA and other key guidelines.
Our expertise covers technology, policy, integration, branding, confidentiality and security for healthcare-industry websites. We provide the planning, architecture, development and maintenance services needed to advance your pharmaceutical or life sciences business.
Understanding Patient Privacy and HIPAA Compliance Guidelines
Transmitting medical info over the internet, (i.e., when a patient fills out health forms online before an appointment), saves time and reduces errors. Since the advent of HIPAA and ePHI regulations, employees must follow strict protocols when handling an individual’s health information online. HIPAA compliance regarding secure transmission and storage of data may include the following factors:
- Enterprise-level hosting including staging sites, secure data collection and storage, and HIPAA firewalls
- Encryption, permissions and procedures for emails and handling data
- Patient portals, opt-in forms, and medical forms
- Data integration with healthcare CRMs, EMRs and patient registries
- EPIC data imports
- Private and secure development server for staging updates for review
- Integration with third-party portals (human resources, investor relations, news feeds, and more)
Why Choose Harris Web Works for Your Healthcare Website?
Our experienced team builds and manages highly stylized and compliant websites for pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, and other life sciences organizations. Whether it’s a corporate site or an ecommerce site, we’ll creating secure, user-friendly, and regulatory-compliant websites tailored to the unique needs of the healthcare industry.
We possess valuable insights and are ready to discuss tailored solutions for your website. Services include providing a secure staging environment that enables multiple stakeholders to review content changes and then we push changes live at a precise time to coordinate with product launches or other news.