Combining Magento with NetSuite: Best Practices
Business owners who see the potential of their ecommerce website to sell product AND grow the business know that integrating it with back-office operations is critical. For a top-notch commerce website, Magento’s flexibility and advanced features are unrivaled. Integrating it with a business’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, such as NetSuite, creates a comprehensive system for shopping, accounting, inventory control, shipping and more. To properly achieve this, many requirements must be carefully integrated. Here we outline some considerations.
Why Combine NetSuite and Magento
NetSuite enables companies of all sizes in any industry to run all major back office functions on one robust, sophisticated, and scalable platform. Over 30,000 businesses entrust their operations and ability to grow to its cloud-based software. Key NetSuite features include:
- Robust financial management system with real-time insights
- Streamlined order management
- End-to-end production manufacturing management
- Collaborative distribution and supply chain management
- Real-time, efficient warehousing operations
- Optimized procurement process
It should be noted that NetSuite offers an ecommerce platform, but it doesn’t have all functionality needed to grow. Some business owners want a best-in-class ecommerce system to work with their best-in-class NetSuite system. Integrating NetSuite with Magento is the solution.
Why NetSuite + Magento = Improved Bottom Line
When a NetSuite-Magento system is put in place, accuracy, productivity and the customer experience quickly improve. No more manual data entry across systems saves time and reduces errors.
In addition, the business can leverage capabilities for advanced logistics, real-time data, and on-time deliveries. Streamlining operations like this frees up business owners and employees to focus on customers and building the business.
What to Consider Before Integrating NetSuite and Magento
Integrating Magento commerce with NetSuite ERP functions takes in-depth planning and engineering. First, determine which integration approach best fits your business based on budget, goals, and tolerance for the learning curve. There are three general options from which to choose:
- Point-to-point connectors – the most precise option, a solution developed for your systems that enables NetSuite to “talk to” Magento
- Customization to an existing solution – use an existing connector and modify it to meet the needs of the store
- Multi-channel integration software – centralizes data from multiple sales platforms into NetSuite
In addition, you may want to consider cloud-based integration software, which smoothes the ecommerce and ERP integration process, quickly synchronizes data, and simplifies multi-channel commerce activity. An optimal Magento-NetSuite integration model will be highly configurable and robust to meet sophisticated needs.