Your website is central to your online marketing activities, and may even be your biggest marketing tool. Good content, strategically positioned, will help you reach business goals and adapt as the market changes. At Harris Web Works, our experienced team can create and implement a content marketing strategy that’s suited to your business plans, target audiences, budgets and schedules. It will encompass channels that funnel people to your website (social media pages, ads, directories, search engines, etc.). In addition, our team provides professional copy-writing, proofreading and graphic design services.
Good Content Makes Your Website a Magnet for Users
A comprehensive content strategy includes having good skin (the content) over a strong skeleton (the architecture and underlying foundation). People buy from or hire companies they know, like and trust. The content on your website should aid this by being informative, interesting, authentic, and/or entertaining, with a tone that’s welcoming and relatable.
When developing the overall content strategy, we will incorporate these “5 Must-Haves for An Effective Website”, to establish expertise, authority and reliability in your field:
- Provide information that users are seeking in an easy-to-find manner; update and evolve to keep it fresh, useful and relevant. May include text, links, images, videos. Take a step back and do a “sanity check” to make sure you’re providing content that resonates with users.
- Inspire visitors to act – have a clear and easy call to action. Identify what you’d like visitors to do and make it easy for them – call you, visit your location, purchase, sign up for your e-newsletter, share an article, etc. If it’s an eCommerce site, make it easy for people to browse and buy.
- Drive traffic to targeted landing pages on your site – attract new prospects and generate leads.
- Establish and reinforce branding, include an About Us page, which helps build familiarity.
- Evaluate performance (analytics) regularly, add new content, evolve, try new things to continually attract and engage.
While the number of visitors matters, attracting the right visitors is really what’s key – those who will act in a way that supports your business and return,
Get a FREE eCommerce Business Assessment – learn how you can manage orders, product data, customer information, and accounting processes in one seamless system.
Search Engine Optimization – How it ties it with content
How to Make Your Website a Magnet with the Right Content Strategy
5 Things To Keep Your Content Marketing Efforts in Check