Business owners advertise on Facebook for several reasons. For one thing, with over 2 billion users, target audiences are already there. Businesses can have their own page, free of charge, to share info, engage with users, and connect with industry leaders. Then there’s Facebook’s advanced advertising tools, which businesses can use to attract the right people to the page or a website.
Targeting options let advertisers hone in on who will see ads based on gender, age, location, interests, job, and other demographics. Creative guidelines help advertisers craft compelling messages.
Key Considerations When Advertising on Facebook
- Facebook is one of the most used websites and apps in the world, with over 2 billion monthly users (and counting).
- Ads with engaging images do especially well on Facebook.
- Facebook’s user data is the most extensive in the world, meaning advertisers can target audiences more precisely than with any other online ad system.
- Ads are served to many thousands of people, building awareness and familiarity; the advertiser only pays when users click.
- Facebook users are inclined to engage in and create content, which makes them more likely click, like or share ad content.
- The pricing systems gives a wide range of budget options and flexibility.
- A remarketing campaign on Facebook can be highly effective.
- Facebook now owns Instagram, so advertisers can easily have ads running on both channels.
In our experience we’ve found that Facebook offers enough flexibility to make advertising cost-effective for businesses. For example, it’s easy to change campaigns for product launches, seasonal promotions, industry trends or news, or any reason specific to the business. Once ads begin running, settings can be modified in real time to maximize results. Success takes commitment, diligence and an understanding of what constitutes a successful Facebook advertising campaign. Contact us if you have any questions or check back as we add more blog posts.
Get a FREE eCommerce Business Assessment – learn how you can manage orders, product data, customer information, and accounting processes in one seamless system.
November 30, 2017All Articles