New Corporate Website for Sarepta Therapeutics Conveys Innovation
In April 2014, biopharmaceutical company Sarepta Therapeutics launched a new website – www.sarepta.com– as the culmination of a strategic rebranding plan. Sarepta had its initial public offering in 1997 under the name AntiVirals Inc., (later changed to AVI BioPharma, Inc.,) and was renamed Sarepta Therapeutics in 2012 (NASDAQ: SRPT).
Sarepta.com includes technologies such as parallax scrolling and adaptive design for mobile device viewing. Key technical requirements and challenges of the project were:
- Custom coding of HTML5 parallax pages
- Hand-off and integration of new templates with the Thompson Reuters/Nasdaq system for integration of news and stock information
- Inclusion of jobs postings section, hosted by a third party
- Integration with Acquia’s Enterprise Hosting platform
The production process took about three months. The biggest challenge for Medium Well revolved around integrating newer and older back-end technologies while creating a dynamic front-end experience for the user. In the end, the client’s needs for the website were fulfilled using these technologies:
- Drupal Content Management System (CMS)
- CSS Style Sheets
NOTE: In May 2015, Medium Well became Harris Web Works. This project was completed while we were still Medium Well.