Updating to Magento Commerce 2.0 (aka Enterprise)
Magento 2.0 is the most powerful, flexible and extensive open-source edition of the world’s leading e-commerce platform. The highly-responsive, mobile-friendly framework lets shoppers more easily purchase via their phones, giving retailers a huge growth opportunity.
When migrating to Magento 2.0, part of the process includes selecting the Commerce (formerly Enterprise) or Open Source (formerly) Community version of the platform. Magento Commerce 2.0 is the premium, most advanced version of the open source platform, designed for businesses seeking to become top-tier online retailers in their industry. It handles complex functionality, provides an optimal user experience, and offers advanced features & support to help businesses grow. The result a site that operates at peak performance for customers and administrators, and has the groundwork for exponential business growth.
Magento 2.0 Commerce: Flexibility for Complex & Changing Store Needs
E-commerce stores have truly come into their own, and now typically offer amazingly intuitive and fast shopping functions. Magento Commerce is the platform world-class retailers rely on due to its power, speed, scalability, and ability to spur more sales. Key built-in features include:
- Sophisticated checkout and shopping capabilities such as gift cards, gift registries, and rewards point systems
- Improved data import & export, order fulfillment, inventory management, and order management processes
- Smoother integrations with popular payment extensions (ie, Braintree, PayPal, Cybersource, Worldpay)
- Advanced customer and marketing-focused functionality such as abandoned cart saver and more in-depth reporting
- Improved search capabilities
All features offered by Open Source (aka Community) are also part of the Commerce platform. These include:
- Full-page caching for improved speed and page loading
- Updated admin interface with improved product management features
- Improved developer toolset for faster site updates and template changes
- Component-oriented module structure
- Improved security features and additional payment integration options
- Additional themes, extensions, and integrations
- An updated technology stack, including PHP, Apache Composer, MySQL, HTML5, and jQuery
Next Steps for Building a Site in Magento Commerce 2.0
As retailers using Magento 1.x prepare to update their sites to Magento 2.0 (in line with Magento phasing out support and patches for 1.x), several factors must be considered. Please note: The degree of back-end structural updates Magento has made in 2.x means that backwards compatibility is not possible.
Harris Web Works is a Magento Business Solutions Partner, with a team of Magento-Certified developers and administrators. We have years of experience developing and handling many complex and custom Magento sites, so we can guide you through the steps and handle all issues related to updating your site. This includes integrations with back-office systems, hosting, ongoing administration, planning strategies to continually improve and grow the store, and marketing expertise.
Contact us today to discuss how our approach can benefit your business and bring you peace-of-mind.