Acadia Corporate Website Integrates with Third-Party Portals
Acadia Pharmaceuticals is a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative therapies for neurological and related central nervous system (CNS) disorders. As communications agency Fox + Gazelle designed a sleek new corporate website for Acadia, they worked closely with Harris Web Works for site development, programming and implementation (more on Agency Support). Once the site launched, Harris Web Works took over handling site management and ongoing updates.
Cutting-Edge Website Design and Third-Party Integration
A key component of this project was to integrate third-party investor, media, and career portals to have seamless appearance and functionality within the Acadia website. Technical requirements and challenges of this project were:
- Create a state-of-the-art website to align with the innovative nature of this biopharmaceutical company
- Follow very regimented design, branding, legal, and regulatory guidelines
- Match strict desktop and mobile viewing guidelines
- Integrate the website’s Careers section with the Oracle Taleo recruitment system, and the Investors and Media sections with the Thompson Reuters/Nasdaq investor relations system. This included customizing templates to ensure the information from their domains appears in the designated Acadia website styles.
- Make the site easy for administrators at Acadia to update all sections
Custom WordPress Site
To achieve these goals, Harris Web Works built a custom, responsive website that provides a first-rate user experience and showcases a large amount of content in a dynamic, easy-to-view way. As the external-facing part of the website has a custom design, so does the back-end. The site has a WordPress content management system (CMS), set up to make it easy for novice administrators to update content, even for the pages with high-end design components, such as leader profiles and company timeline.