Acadia Corporate Website Integrates with Third-Party Portals
Acadia Pharmaceuticals is a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative therapies for neurological and related central nervous system (CNS) disorders. As communications agency Fox + Gazelle designed a sleek new corporate website for Acadia, they worked closely with Medium Well for site development, programming and implementation (more on Agency Support).
Cutting-Edge Website Design and Third-Party Integration
A key component of this project was to integrate third-party investor, media, and career portals to have seamless appearance and functionality within the Acadia website. Technical requirements and challenges of this project were:
- Create a state-of-the-art website to align with the innovative nature of this biopharmaceutical company
- Follow very regimented design, branding, legal, and regulatory guidelines
- Match strict desktop and mobile viewing guidelines
- Integrate the website’s Careers section with the Oracle Taleo recruitment system, and the Investors and Media sections with the Thompson Reuters/Nasdaq investor relations system. This included customizing templates to ensure the information from their domains appears in the designated Acadia website styles.
- Make the site easy for administrators at Acadia to update all sections
Custom WordPress Site
To achieve these goals, Medium Well built a custom, responsive website that provides a first-rate user experience and showcases a large amount of content in a dynamic, easy-to-view way. The site was built to match PSD files provided by Fox + Gazelle, which included matching custom font styles to exact design specifications. As the external-facing part of the website has a custom design, so does the back-end. The site has a WordPress content management system (CMS), set up to make it easy for novice administrators to update content, even for the pages with high-end design components, such as leader profiles and company timeline.
Despite an unusually short lead time for development during November-December holiday time, and in-depth client review process, the complete site was launched on time.
NOTE: In May 2015, Medium Well became Harris Web Works. This project was completed while we were still Medium Well.