New Integrated Website Helps Company Expand Beyond U.S.
The Solar Biz has been selling renewable energy equipment since 1969. It’s a family-owned business known for providing expertise and solutions that help customers get the most efficient system for their needs. The owners wanted to expand from the U.S. to all of North and South America, and needed an advanced website solution to make their vision a success. Their existing website could not accommodate their growth plans, so they decided to invest in a Magento-based site.
In 2016, Harris Web Works began a partnership with Solar Biz. First step was building a new website in Magento, including integrating extensive product and customer data. Since then, the collaboration has progressed to encompass regional expansion, hosting and marketing.
Overview of work handled by Harris Web Works:
- Migrated previous website from NetSuite e-commerce to Magento Community and redesigned it with a new look & feel
- Integrated existing NetSuite ERP functions (order fulfillment, accounting and shipping) with e-commerce functionality; a seamless bi-directional system was achieved with SYNC Connection™ NetSuite-Magento connector
- Reconfigured site navigation and product groupings
- Updated product feed to work with Google Shopping
- Set up complex pricing structure for customer group, tiered and matrix pricing
- Built site for Latin America, with different pricing structures than U.S. site
- Handle ongoing site administration and content updates
- Set up and manage enterprise level cloud hosting on Amazon Web Services (AWS) datacenter network
- Best-in-class hosting provides optimal redundancy, uptime and performance
- Hosting continually monitored and backed up for maximum stability and continuity of service
- Engineering, development and support by AWS certified technicians
- Implement targeted display advertising and remarketing campaigns that attract more leads and help boost sales